Which method is used to record the heart sounds?

Home Forums General Discussion Which method is used to record the heart sounds?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Toast Fairy
    Participant

Greetings everyone!

I’m just curious about the superb heart sound recordings you can find on this amazing site. I’d love to be able to submit my own findings on here and i can see there is a “place holder” in the activities tab, so i guess in the future we might able to do so?

Once more amazing site, you can see a lot of sweat and blood was used in it’s creation 🙂

André Mansoor
      Keymaster

Thank you TF ! We have been recording patients for many years. In the beginning we used the Thinklabs digital stethoscope. We have since switched to the Eko Core digital stethoscope. The latter records with outstanding sound fidelity and is incredibly easy to work with (it uses bluetooth to record wirelessly to an app that you download on your smartphone or tablet, and you can visualize the phono in real time as it’s recording). You’re right, we are hoping that at some point in the near future we will be able to allow users to submit their own findings (images/video/audio) to be featured on the site (with credit). Stay tuned !

We talk a bit more about our recording devices on our “About Us” page: https://physicaldiagnosispdx.com/about-the-website/. It also includes links to the digital scopes.

Toast Fairy
        Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.